What kind of energy does an unlit match have?
Why red phosphorus is used in safety matches?
What is the red stuff on matches?
The chemicals in the match head can cause damage to the kidneys and liver (this is rare). If the matches were lit not long before they were swallowed, there is danger that they could cause an internal burn. Like most small objects, they can also be a choking hazard.
Is it safe to eat matches?
Mechanical Energy to Thermal Energy When you strike a match, it moves through the air until it rubs against a surface. The rubbing produces the heat required to light the match. This is a transformation from mechanical energy to thermal (heat) energy.
One match releases approximately 1100 joules of heat energy when it is lit.
How much energy does a match have?
Does a lit match have potential energy?