What can I drink after inhaling dust?
Type one includes substances such as mercury that are primarily aggregated in the body rather than excreted. In rare cases, drinking milk may enhance excretion thereby decontaminating the body. I haven’t heard of any such examples, though, and I would assume it to be a very rare case so neglegible.
So there’s the answer… by drinking milk, you not only dilute the detergent (or other poison), you overwhelm the lactase enzymes, allowing your stomach’s hydrochloric acid to curdle the milk, which coats your stomach and intestines, slowing down the rate with which your body absorbs…
The purpose of drinking at all was clear… to dilute the detergent. Even very dangerous poisons can be handled by your body if they are diluted enough. But what was so special about milk?
So if milk actually neutralizes the poison, then drinking milk would certainly help long term exposure. However if milk just dilutes the poison then over time the long term exposure would reach some steady state.
Milk can interfere with how iron is absorbed in the stomach, and the calcium found in dairy products can prevent the body from absorbing tetracycline and ciprofloxacin antibiotics and thyroid medication, so you get less of the active compound in your bloodstream.
* Cold milk: Milk is another excellent way to combat acidity. Milk absorbs acid formation in the stomach, stopping any reflux or burning sensation in the gastric system. Anytime you feel an acid formation in the stomach or heartburn coming on, have a glass of plain cold milk without any additives or sugar.
How do you get rid of inhaled dust?
Does drinking milk help with smoke inhalation?